Monday 13 February 2012

GF Blueberry Cake Cups



















Preheat oven to 375F.

Grease one small 6" baking dish or 2 personal sized ramekins.
Measure 1 cup blueberries and pour half into the bottom of the dish(es). Frozen or thawed work.
Set aside.

Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl:
1/4 cup GF flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
dash of salt

Add:
1 Tbsp melted butter or Margarine
1/4 cup milk
(I use lactose free products)


Mix until just moistened. Pour over the blueberries and top with remaining berries.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until a knife comes out clean.

This is my first attempt at making this recipe gluten-free. Results were good. I think next time I will try to create my own AP Flour mix. The prepackaged one is a bit heavy on the chickpea flour for a breakfast or dessert recipe. Maybe I'll add some coconut flour for a twist.

I didnt add any Xanthan gum to this recipe as there was some in the AP mix that I have. Even without it, I think that the cake cup would come out okay as it is generally eaten hot and with a spoon. Plus the amount would be so small you are more at risk of using too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment